Honorary memberships for Brigham Young University presidents
Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: UA 1185
Certificates of honorary membership in the Sons of Utah Pioneers for all Brigham Young University presidents from Warren Dusenberry through Cecil O. Samuelson.
- National Society, Sons of Utah Pioneers (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Honorary memberships for Brigham Young University presidents must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 folder ; (0.01 linear ft.).
Biographical / Historical
The National Society of the Sons of Utah Pioneers was organized for the purpose of keeping alive the history and memory of those who came to the Salt Lake Valley to help settle the West and find security from those who would destroy them and their beliefs. It is nonpolitical and nonsectarian.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Sons of Utah Pioneers, May 2005.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Bateman, Merrill J.
- Brimhall, George H. (George Henry), 1853-1932
- Cluff, Benjamin, Jr., 1858-1948
- Colleges and Universities
- Dusenberry, Warren N. (Warren Newton), 1836-1915
- Harris, Franklin Stewart, 1884-1960
- Holland, Jeffrey R., 1940-
- Jensen, Christen, 1881-1961
- Lee, Rex E., 1935-1996
- Maeser, Karl G.
- McDonald, Howard S. (Howard Stevenson), 1894-1986
- Oaks, Dallin H.
- Samuelson, Cecil O. (Cecil Osborn), 1941-
- Wilkinson, Ernest L., 1899-1978
- Register of Honorary memberships for Brigham Young University presidents
- Jennfier Kim
- 2011 August 24
- Description rules
- Language of description