The papers involving 1/2 foot of material were deposited in the University Archives in August of 1974 by Bertrand F. Harrison, retired BYU faculty member and son-in-law to Christen Jensen. The papers were generated by Jensen and date from 1930-1961. His tenure and appointments at BYU were as follows: assistant professor for Political Science and History, 1908-1961; professor 1911; acting dean of College of Applied Science, 1924-1929; acting president, 1929-1940 and 1949-1950; dean of graduate school, 1929-1940, and acting dean, 1953; and professor Emeritus for Hisory and Political Science, 1949-1961.
- Jensen, Christen, 1881-1961 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 100 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Christen Jensen collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 carton ((1 linear ft.) )
Collection includes correspondence, reports, memoranda, minutes, and examinations concerning Brigham Young University transfer credits, awards, faculty meetings, graduate school, Franklin S. Harris, Ernest L. Wilkinson, history, political science, and public administration.
History and political science professor; Graduate School dean, 1929-1948; acting president of Brigham Young University, 1949-1951; and professor emeritus of history and political science.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA96.xml
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Files were mostly generated while serving as Dean of College and Graduate School or as professor of Political Science and History.
Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Index/Finding aid Register located in repository.
Processed; Hollis Scott.
- Brigham Young University -- History
- Brigham Young University -- Administration
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty
- Brigham Young University -- Examinations
- Brigham Young University. Department of History
- Brigham Young University. Department of Political Science (1921-1979)
- Brigham Young University. Graduate School
- Colleges and Universities
- Harris, Franklin Stewart, 1884-1960
- Minutes (Records)
- Wilkinson, Ernest L., 1899-1978
- Register of Christen Jensen papers
- Rose Frank
- 2011 July 8
- Description rules
- Language of description
- 2008 January 23: Run through GilEAD to correct small errors.