Louise Pound folklore collection
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 281
Handwritten and typewritten songs, stories, articles, term papers, and correspondence. Most of the items are American folklore and songs. They relate to many topics including the American Civil War of 1861 to 1865.
- Pound, Louise, 1872-1958 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public use.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Louise Pound folklore collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
American folklorist who taught at the University of Nebraska.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS281.xml
American Balladry From British Broadsides, by G. Malcom Law, Jr. Philadelphia, American Folklore Society, 1957. Transferred to the Library.
- Register of Louise Pound folklore collection
- Processed under the direction of the Curator of 20th & 21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- 2010 February 16: Updated to DACS and CCLA compliance by Anita Hawkins.