David John Buerger term papers
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 1465
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of typed term papers entitled "Brigham Young University: The Unvarnished Reality," and "Politics and Inspiration: An Historical Analysis of the Woodruff Manifesto." The items are controversial works on the role of education in the Mormon Church and the changes in the Mormon doctrine of "plural marriage."
- Buerger, David John, 1955- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from David John Buerger term papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Student at Brigham Young University.
2 items (64 leaves)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
This item was formerly accessioned under the number A78-434.
- Brigham Young University -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Controversial literature
- Dissertations, Academic
- Edmunds-Tucker Act 1887
- Morrill Act 1862
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Revelation -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Teaching -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- United States. Act to Amend Section 5352 of the Revised Statutes of the United States, in Reference to Bigamy and for Other Purposes
- Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898
- Register of David John Buerger term papers
- Morgan Crockett
- 2010 Aug 16
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.