Legal instruments relating to Mormons in Utah
Scope and Contents
Miscellaneous legal documents. The collection consists of an account balance slip signed by Brigham Young, a stock certificate signed by Wilford Woodruff, John Bernhisel, among others; an incorporation bond; a record of trespass action against Lyman E. Johnson; a record of a court action; four receipts of per diem signed by Heber C. Kimball, Jedediah M. Grant, Orson Hyde, and Parley P. Pratt; and a petition for payment to E. D. Mecham, a member of the Mormon Battalion, from the estate of A. W. Babbitt.
- Utah (Organization)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Legal instruments relating to Mormons in Utah must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
7 items (12 leaves)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Babbitt, Almon W. (Almon Whiting), 1813-1856
- Bernhisel, John M. (John Milton), 1799-1881 -- Autographs
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Grant, Jedediah M. -- Autographs
- Hyde, Orson, 1805-1878 -- Autographs
- Johnson, Lyman E. (Lyman Eugene), 1811-1856 -- Autographs
- Kimball, Heber C. (Heber Chase), 1801-1868 -- Autographs
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Biography
- Law -- Utah -- History
- Pratt, Parley P. (Parley Parker), 1807-1857 -- Autographs
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)
- Stock ownership -- Utah -- History
- Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898 -- Autographs
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 -- Autographs
- Register of Legal instruments relating to Mormons in Utah
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 December 5
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.