An act to incorporate the Bank of St. Mary's
Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: Vault MSS 535
Scope and Contents
Handwritten act of the Georgia legislature to incorporate the Bank of St. Mary's. The item presents the terms of the establishing of the banking corporation. The manuscript is a "true copy of the original act" and was hand reproduced by J.W.A. Sanford, a secretary. Apparently, Sanford duplicated on the document the signatures of Joseph Day, Speaker of the House of Representatives; Robert M. Echols, President of the Senat; and by William Schley, Governor.
- Georgia (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from An act to incorporate the Bank of St. Mary's must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 item (10 pages) : handwritten
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Banking laws -- Georgia -- History -- Sources
- Banks and banking -- Georgia -- History -- Sources
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce
- Economics and Banking
- Georgia -- History -- 1775-1865 -- Sources
- Georgia -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865 -- Sources
- Law -- Georgia -- History -- Sources
- Register of An act to incorporate the Bank of St. Mary's
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 November 2
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.