Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints records
File — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 4123
Contains correspondence, church related, financial records, legal records, and miscellaneous documents. Notable documents (all photocopies) include an 1844 letter from Joseph Smith while in Carthage Jail and a list of Mormon Battalion soldiers.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
7 folders (0.56 linear ft.)
Arranged in five series: 1. Correspondence, 1832-1922. 2. Church-related documents, ca. 1831-1847. 3. Financial documents, 1839-1898. 4. Legal documents, 1841-1858. 5. Miscellaneous documents, 1831-1964.
These items were donated to Special Collections in 1979.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donation; Maxine Belknap; 1979.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Cowdery, Oliver
- Kirtland (Ohio)
- Nauvoo (Ill.)
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)
- Rigdon, Sidney, 1793-1876
- Salt Lake City (Utah)
- Smith, Hyrum, 1800-1844
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Whitney, Newel Kimball, 1795-1850
- Register of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints records
- Rose Frank
- 2011 June 21
- Description rules
- Language of description