Jesse Perse Harmon papers
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 502
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of handwritten and printed letters, notes, military orders, and certificates. The materials relate to the migration of Mormons to Utah, the operations of the Utah militia during the Black Hawk War against Ute Indians, Harmon's Mormon Church activities, and his life in Holden, Utah.
- Harmon, Jesse Perse, 1795-1877 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Mormon Church leader, pioneer, and colonel in the Utah Militia.
1 folder (0.04 linear ft.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Black Hawk War (Utah), 1865-1872
- Harmon, Jesse Perse, 1795-1877
- Holden (Utah) -- History
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Mormon pioneers -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Holden -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Utah. Militia -- History
- Register of Jesse Perse Harmon papers
- Rose Frank
- 1 June 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.