Collection includes photocopies of the journal written by Bryan Winward during his mission to Tonga between 1916 and 1919. Also includes photocopies of photographs from the period.
- Winward, Bryan, 1897-1976 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Bryan Winward mission journal must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 box (0.25 linear ft.)
Bryan Hunsaker Winward was born Jan. 3, 1897 in Whitney, Idaho, to John William Winard and Catharine Hunsaker. Winward served a mission to Tonga from 1916-1919. He later married Elsie May Farmer. Bryan Winward died on Nov. 10, 1976.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Jordan S. Chapman; 2005.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Processed; 2007; Kaila Brown and David Whittaker.
- Church Educational System (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Department of Seminaries and Institutes of Religion -- Missions--Tonga--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Tonga -- Diaries
- Winward, Bryan, 1897-1976 -- Diaries
- Register of Bryan Winward mission journal
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 May 6
- Description rules
- Language of description