Charles Lambert autobiography
Item — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 927
Scope and Contents
Typescript of an autobiography. Lambert was born in England; converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1843; moved to Nauvoo, Illinois, in 1844; migrated to Utah in 1849; and served on missions in England in 1870 and 1882. He also writes about the "Utah War" and about problems with swarms of crickets.
- Lambert, Charles, 1816-1892 (Creator, Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
1 item (36 pages)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- England -- History
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Lambert, Charles, 1816-1892
- Mormon pioneers -- History
- Mormons -- Illinois -- Nauvoo -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Utah Expedition (1857-1858)
- Register of Charles Lambert autobiography
- Rose Frank
- 5 May 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.