Thales Hastings Haskell diary
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of a handwritten diary written in the "Deseret Alphabet." Also included are excerpts from the journal written in the conventional English script. Haskell writes about his missionary work among the Indians primarily in Arizona.
- Haskell, Thales Hastings, 1834-1909 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Mormon pioneer, scout, explorer, and missionary to the Indians.
3 items (25 p.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Arizona--History
- Deseret alphabet -- History -- Sources
- Haskell, Thales Hastings, 1834-1909 -- Diaries
- Hopi Indians -- History
- Indians of North America -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Arizona -- History -- Sources
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History
- Register of Thales Hastings Haskell diary
- Rose Frank
- 27 April 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.