Alva Marion Merkley papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1764
Scope and Contents
Letters received, newspaper clippings, bills, invoices, receipts, bank statements, magazines, conference reports of the Mormon Church, and miscellaneous items. Most of the letters were received when Merkley was on a mission for the Mormon Church in Manitoba. Many of the materials deal with farming, family matters, and life as a Mormon in Canada.
- Merkley, Alva Marion, 1862-1950 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon farmer living in Magrath, Alberta.
3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Farmers -- Alberta -- Magrath -- History -- Sources
- Magrath (Alta.) -- History -- Sources
- Manitoba -- History -- Sources
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions
- Mormons -- Alberta -- Magrath -- History -- Sources
- Mormons -- Manitoba -- History -- Sources
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)
- Register of Alva Marion Merkley papers
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 April 19
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.