Jacob Foutz Secrist diaries and correspondence
File — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 748
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of handwritten correspondence, letters, and a patriarchal blessing. The materials were created when Secrist was serving on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Germany and Switzerland. The correspondents were his wife, Ann Eliza Logan Secrist, and other family members. Secrist writes about his missionary activities, and his wife and others tell about events in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Secrist, Jacob Foutz, 1818-1855 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jacob Foutz Secrist diaries and correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Jacob Foutz Secrist (1818-1855) was a Mormon convert from Pennsylvania. He served a mission in Germany and Switzerland from 1852 to 1855.
4 folders (0.25 linear ft.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- Germany -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- Switzerland -- History
- Germany -- History -- 1848-1870
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Germany -- History
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Switzerland -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Secrist, Jacob Foutz, 1818-1855 -- Diaries
- Secrist, Jacob Foutz, 1818-1855 -- Correspondence
- Switzerland -- History -- 19th century
- Register of Jacob Foutz Secrist diaries and correspondence
- Rose Frank
- 2011 April 15
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.