Moses Franklin Farnsworth papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1678
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, record books, pension petitions, certificates, pamphlets, articles of incorporation, poems, blessings, poems, and miscellaneous items. The materials relate to Farnsworth's activities particulary in the Mormon Church. Included in the collection are letters from the fourth president of the Mormon Church, Willford Woodruff, patriarchal blessings, letters relating to Mormon polygamy, and a book recording the work done in the Manti Temple of the Mormon Church.
- Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon genealogist, temple recorder, historian, and member of the Utah Militia. He died in 1906.
2 boxes (10 linear inches)
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid available in repository.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- American poetry -- 19th century
- Articles of incorporation
- Farnsworth, Moses Franklin, 1834-
- Manti (Utah) -- History
- Manti Temple (Manti, Utah) -- History
- Material Types
- Mormons -- Correspondence
- Mormons -- Genealogy
- Mormons -- Utah -- Manti -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Utah. Militia -- History
- Register of Moses Franklin Farnsworth papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 April 13
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.