A biography of Alexander Williams
Scope and Contents
Typewritten biography. The year of the composition of the item is unknown. Kimball writes that Williams was a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who lived in Nauvoo, Illinois, migrated to Utah in 1847, had encounters with the Ute Indians, lived as a polygamist, and converted to the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- Kimball, Croxier, 1879-1966 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from A biography of Alexander Williams must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Writer of family histories and grandson of Alexander Williams.
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.) : 4 p.
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Park City (Utah) -- History
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Provo (Utah) -- History
- Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints -- Utah--History
- Ute Indians -- History
- Williams, Alexander, 1803-1876
- Register of A biography of Alexander Williams
- Rose Frank
- 13 April 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States