The memorandum of Mary H. Parker
Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 637
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a handwritten autobiographical account. Mary Richards writes about her conversion to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England, resistance after her baptism, and talks a lot about her association with Heber C. Kimball, an apostle in the LDS Church. Also included is a newspaper clipping which is an obituary of Phinehas Richards, Mary's father-in-law and an early settler of Sanpete County, Utah.
- approximately 1850
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from The Memorandum of Mary H. Parker must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 items (12 p.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Apostles--History
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Kimball, Heber C. (Heber Chase), 1801-1868
- Mormon women -- History
- Mormons -- England -- History
- Richards, Mary Haskins Parker, 1825-1860
- Richards, Phineas (Phineas Howe), 1788-1874
- Register of The Memorandum of Mary H. Parker
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 29
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.