Joseph Smith III correspondence with Edward F. and Mattie Adamson
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 591
Photocopies of handwritten and signed letters. The items were composed in Lamoni, Iowa, and were addressed to Edward F. and Mattie Adamson of Lower Lake, California. The materials are concerned with a rumor of marital problems in the Adamson family. Smith gives them advice on how to improve the situation. Materials date from between 1896 and 1897.
- Smith, Joseph, III, 1832-1914 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Smith III correspondence with Edward F. and Mattie Adamson letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Joseph Smith III (1832-1914) was the first president of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and son of Joseph Smith (1805-1844).
Biographical History Mattie Adamson (1851-1930) was a dressmaker in California.
Biographical History Edward F. Adamson (1849-1930) was a school teacher and farmer in California.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Families -- California -- Lower Lake -- History
- Home and Family
- Lower Lake (Calif.) -- History -- Sources
- Marriage -- California -- Lower Lake -- History
- Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints -- Presidents -- Correspondence
- Smith, Joseph, III, 1832-1914 -- Correspondence
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of Joseph Smith III correspondence with Edward F. and Mattie Adamson
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 March 25
- Description rules
- Language of description