Charles C. Rich papers
Scope and Contents
Photocopies and photographs of handwritten and typed letters, biographical notes, and diary excerpts. The materials relate to Rich's career as a Mormon Church leader. They include diary excerpts from 1836, a letter from Brigham Young (1801-1877) telling about his arrival in the Salt Lake Valley of Utah in 1847, a blessing for Rich's mission to Europe, an essay on the establishment of a Mormon colony in San Bernardino, California, and biographical notes on Rich's life in Logan, Utah.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Apostle in the Mormon Church.
2 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Apostles--History
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Logan (Utah) -- History
- Mormon pioneers -- History
- Mormons -- California -- San Bernardino -- History -- Sources
- Mormons -- Utah -- Logan -- History
- Rich, Charles C. (Charles Coulson), 1809-1883 -- Archives
- San Bernardino (Calif.) -- History -- Sources
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 -- Correspondence
- Register of Charles C. Rich papers
- Rose Frank
- 18 March 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States