Scope and Contents
Photocopies of excerpts from handwritten diaries. The items cover the years 1846-1847, 1857-1859, 1868, 1869, 1873, and 1875-1876. Richards lived in Nauvoo, Illinois, presided over the European Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, prepared Utah Militia units for an expedition into Sanpete County, and served on another mission to the Eastern United States. Also included are patriarchal blessings and miscellaneous items relating to Richards and his family.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon pioneer, missionary, and church leader.
1 box (5 linear inches)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Black Hawk War (Utah), 1865-1872
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- East (U.S.)
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Europe
- Mormon pioneers -- Utah -- History
- Mormons -- Illinois -- Nauvoo -- History
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Richards, Samuel W. (Samuel Whitney), 1824-1909
- Utah. Militia -- History
- Register of Diaries
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 18
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.