Typewritten copy of an autobiography. Hyde writes about his early life and religious experiences. He tells about his conversion to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the many missions he served for that faith. He also recounts his experiences with the first president of the Church, Joseph Smith (1805-1844), and his activities in Kirtland, Ohio. Also included is a typewritten copy of the funeral for Hyde in Spring City, Utah on 1 Dec. 1878. A eulogy of him was given by the apostle for the LDS Church, Wilford Woodruff (1807-1898).
- approximately 1842-1878
- Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Orson Hyde autobiography and funeral must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 items (13 p.)
Utah pioneer and apostle in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Apostles--History
- Hyde, Orson, 1805-1878
- Kirtland (Ohio) -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- History
- Mormons -- Ohio -- Kirtland -- History
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Register of Orson Hyde autobiography and funeral
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 17
- Description rules
- Language of description