Mormon splinter groups collection
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 1634
Scope and Contents
Papers, research notes, and correspondence. These items relate to the numerous off-shoots of the two largest Mormon denominations, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon Church or LDS Church) and the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (RLDS church) and their leaders. Also included is a photocopy of a letter by the Mormon prophet, Joseph Smith (1805-1844).
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mormon splinter groups collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid available in repository.
Other Finding Aids
Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1634.xml
These materials were purchased from David C. Martin in 1978.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; David C. Martin; 1978.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Aaronic Order -- History
- Church of Christ (Temple Lot) -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Material Types
- Morgan, D. J. (David J.)
- Mormon Church -- History -- 19th century
- Mormon Church -- History -- 20th century
- New American's Mount Zion -- History
- Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints -- History
- Restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Roberts, D. L. (David Llewellyn), 1940-
- Russell, F. Elwood
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844 -- Correspondence
- True Church of Jesus Christ Restored -- History
- True Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Wipper, Frank F.
- Register of Mormon splinter groups collection
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 16
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.