J. Schermerhorn letter
Scope and Contents
Letter by J. Schermerhorn of New York City, New York in 1865. Item describes the author's study of Mormonism, and his decision to not join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- 1865 July 23
- Schermerhorn, J. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from J. Schermerhorn letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 folder (0.08 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids
Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3855.xml
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; Rick Grunder; 1992.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- New York (State)--New York--History
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social Life and Customs -- 19th century
- Register of J. Schermerhorn letter
- Rose Frank
- 10 June 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008