David Candland diary
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 1140
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a handwritten diary. Candland writes about joining the Mormon faith and his life in Salt Lake Valley and in Sanpete County, Utah. He talks about his polygamous marriages, the Utah Expedition, and the birth and deaths of children. The item includes a major gap between 1863 and 1900.
- Candland, David, 1819-1902 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from David Candland diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 item (0.07 linear ft.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Candland, David, 1819-1902 -- Diaries
- Great Salt Lake Valley (Utah) -- History -- Sources
- Home and Family
- Mormons -- Utah -- Great Salt Lake Valley -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Sanpete County -- History -- Sources
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Polygamy -- Utah -- History
- Sanpete Valley (Utah) -- History -- Sources
- Social Life and Customs
- Utah Expedition (1857-1858) -- Sources
- Register of David Candland diary
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2011 March 11
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.