Samuel Stephen Jones papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1435
Collection contains diaries and autobiography, biographies, family history, correspondence, legal documents and newspaper clippings related to his personal life, pioneer memories, missionary experiences, political activities as mayor and member of the Democratic party, LDS Church activities, and leadership in business and civic activities in Utah. Also includes copies of his poetical writings.
- Jones, Samuel Stephen, 1837-1923 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Samuel Stephen Jones papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
Mormon businessman and mayor of Provo, Utah; member of Martin and Tyler Mormon handcart companies.
Other Finding Aids
Index located with collection.
Gift of Rhoda Jones, 1973.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Rhoda Jones; 1973.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Black Hawk War (Utah), 1865-1872
- Christian leadership -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Cutler, Thomas R.
- Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Company -- History--Utah
- Dusenberry, Warren N. (Warren Newton), 1836-1915
- Home and Family
- Johnson, Caroline Maria
- Jones, Albert Stephen, 1871-1962
- Jones, Albert, 1839-1925
- Jones, Julia, 1847-1924
- Jones, Lydia Elizabeth, 1837-1874
- Jones, Samuel Stephen, 1837-1923 -- Diaries
- Jones, Samuel, 1783-1858
- Jones, Sarah, 1801-1867
- Mormon families
- Mormon handcart companies
- Nuttall, L. John (Leonard John)
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)
- Payson (Utah) -- History
- Provo (Utah) -- History
- Smith, Joseph F. (Joseph Fielding), 1838-1918
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of Samuel Stephen Jones papers
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 March 11
- Description rules
- Language of description