Jesse Knight papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1434
Scope and Contents
Collection includes various biographical materials including patriarchal blessings, biography of Knight by Inez Knight Allen, funeral tributes to Knight, legal and financial records of the Blue Bench Irrigation Company and correspondence concerning the Jesse Knight Trust Fund established for Brigham Young University students. Also included are writings about Knight by Mark Allen.
- Knight, Jesse, 1845-1921 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jesse Knight papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Jesse Knight (1845-1921) was a businessman and philanthropist in Utah.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Mark Allen; 1974.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Allen, Inez Knight, 1876-1937
- Allen, Mark K. (Mark Knight), 1905-1996
- Blue Bench Irrigation Company
- Brigham Young University -- Funds and scholarships
- Colleges and Universities
- Grant, Heber J. (Heber Jeddy), 1856-1945
- Knight, Amanda, 1851-1932
- Knight, Lydia Goldthwaite Bailey, 1812-1884
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)
- Register of Jesse Knight papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.