Joseph E. Booth papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains the letters, diaries, and ledger books of Joseph Edgar Booth and family between the years 1859-1949. The collection contains material on the British Mission between the years 1894-1896; correspondence to family and friends of the Booth family; early Orem, Utah history (then called the Provo Bench) farm sales, expenses, and etc. of Joseph Edgar Booth; and a record of cases before Joseph Edgar Booth, Justice of the Peace of the town of Orem during the years 1928-1929, 1936-1937.
- Booth, Joseph E. (Joseph Edgar) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph E. Booth papers; Collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Joseph Edgar Booth, son of Edwin and Ann Maria Mosley Booth, born on January 11, 1871 in Nephi, Utah. Labored in the British Mission from 1894-1896. Married Charlotte Ann Bird in 1898. Fruit farmer in Orem, Utah (then called the Provo Bench) from 1903 until his death. He died June 24, 1943.
2 boxes (1.0 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids
Detailed item level guide to the collection is available (6 pp.)
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2284.xml
All items have remained with the Booth family and descendants until donating them to the BYU Library on 19 December 2000.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; 19 December 2000; Jean M. Larsen.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Account books
- Booth, Joseph E. (Joseph Edgar) -- Diaries
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--England--History
- Derby (England) -- History -- Sources
- Home and Family
- Milford (Utah) -- History -- Sources
- Mormon missionaries -- England -- Diaries
- Nephi (Utah) -- History
- Orem (Utah) -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of Joseph E. Booth papers
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 March 4
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.