Price W. Nelson journal and autobiography
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a microfilm copy of a typescript. The item is an autobiography of Price W. Nelson. The account is largely retrospective even though much of it is written like diary entries. Also included is a diary to Nelson dated 5 Aug. 1935. Nelson writes about his birth in California in 1855, his journey to Utah in 1857. He also settled in Franklin, Idaho, in 1859 and moved to Logan, Utah, in 1864. He later moved to Glendale, Utah. He lived in numerous other places in Arizona and Utah. He had contact with the "Mahave" Indians. He served the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a bishop, took a second wife, and went on a mission for that faith to the Mio Indians. Also included is an index to the volumes.
- approximately 1913-1946
- Nelson, Price W. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Price W. Nelson journal and autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 v. (87 p.)
These items were photocopied from the 920 microfilm collection.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Formerly in film call number: 920 no. 1.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions
- Expeditions and Adventure
- Franklin (Idaho) -- History
- Glendale (Utah) History
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Indians of Mexico
- Indians of North America -- Arizona
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- Arizona
- Latter Day Saints -- Arizona -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- California -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- History
- Logan (Utah) -- History
- Nelson, Price W.
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Register of Price W. Nelson journal and autobiography
- In Progress
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 February 22
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.