Remembering Winter Quarters/Council Bluffs writings of the Mormon pioneers at the Missouri River
Scope and Contents
Compilation by Karen and Paul Larsen, of excerpts from diaries and reminiscences of Latter-day Saints who resided in the Winter Quarters/Council Bluffs area between about 1846 and 1852. Includes writings of Job Taylor Smith, Eliza Maria Patridge Lyman, Helen Mar Kimball Whitney, Aroet Lucius Hale, Anna Clark Hale, Jane Snyder Richards, Joseph Fielding, Bathsheba Wilson Bigler Smith, Lucy Meserve Smith, Richard Ballantyne, Sarah Studevant Leavitt, Alfred Boaz Lambson, Allen Joseph Stout, Luke William Gallup, and Gibson Condie. Includes table of contents, preface, footnotes, and bibiliography.
- Whitney, Helen Mar, 1828-1896 (Person)
- Smith, Job, 1828-1913 (Person)
- Lyman, Eliza Maria Partridge, 1820-1886 (Person)
- Larsen, Paul D. (Person)
- Larsen, Karen (Person)
- Hale, Aroet Lucius (Person)
- Hale, Anna Lucius (Person)
- Leavitt, Sarah Studevant (Person)
- Lambson, Alfred Boaz (Person)
- Gallup, Luke William, 1822-1891 (Person)
- Stout, Allen Joseph, 1815-1889 (Person)
- Condie, Gibson (Person)
- Smith, Lucy Meserve, 1817-1892 (Person)
- Ballantyne, Richard, 1817-1898 (Person)
- Fielding, Joseph (Person)
- Smith, Bathsheba W. Bigler, 1822-1910 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Remembering Winter Quarters/Council Bluffs: writings of the Mormon pioneers at the Missouri River must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
176 pages : photocopy of typescript ; 28 cm.
Language of Materials
Paul Larsen's father, Louis Larsen, delivered this volume to Brian Reeves, University Archivist, at a Latter-day Saint church meeting in Riverton, Utah, on 15 November 1998. Donated by Paul and Karen Larsen,Elkhorn, Nebraska, 1998.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Paul and Karen Larsen; 1998.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Register of Remembering Winter Quarters/Council Bluffs: writings of the Mormon pioneers at the Missouri River
- Rose Frank
- 2011 February 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.