Mission to Tonga : April 1957-November 1958 / Armand L. Glick
Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 7564
Scope and Contents
The collection is an account of the mission served by Armand L. Glick in Tonga between April 1956 and November 1958. It contains information on the missionary work in the Tongan mission, Glick's experiences there, and various cultural aspects of the Tongan people. Also included in the folder is a CD containing a digital copy of the printed document.
- Glick, Armand L. (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mission to Tonga : Armand L. Glick must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Armand L. Glick was born in Lewisville, Idaho, on December 27, 1930, of parents Harvey and Bertha Glick. After serving in the United States Army for two years, Glick received a mission call to Tonga to be a teacher. Glick served in Tonga from 1956 to 1958. Glick later became a pharmacist, married Karen Hill, and raised eleven children.
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
This collection was left in its original order.
Donated by Lorraine Ashton in 2010.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Lorraine Ashton; 2010.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
Audrey Spainhower; student manuscript processor; 2010.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Tonga--History--20th century
- Compact discs
- Glick, Armand L.
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Idaho -- Biography
- Mormon missionaries -- Tonga -- Biography
- Tonga -- Church history -- 20th entury
- Register of the Mission to Tonga : April 1957-November 1958 / Armand L. Glick
- John Murphy, Curator and Audrey Spainhower, Student Manuscript Processor
- 2010 April 28
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.