A statement of affairs at Red Cloud Agency
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 2235
Scope and Contents
Handwritten, printed, and typewritten pamphlets, letters, and reports. The collection is a compilation of documents relating to an investigation. Marsh made an accusation against J. J. Saville of the Red Cloud Indian Agency stating that Saville was distributing bad food and supplies to the Dakota Indians there. Marsh received much of his information from Chief Red Cloud. The United States Dept. of the Interior investigated the charges with George Washington Atherton participating on the committee.
- Marsh, Othniel Charles, 1831-1899 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for publc research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from A statement of affairs at Red Cloud Agency must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
28 items (0.08 linear ft.)
Purchased through Heritage in 1984.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; Heritage; 1984.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Atherton, George Washington, 1837-1906
- Dakota Indians -- Government relations
- Indian reservations -- North Dakota
- Marsh, Othniel Charles, 1831-1899
- Red Cloud, 1822-1909
- Saville, J. J.
- Social Classes
- Social Life and Customs
- United States. Department of the Interior
- United States. Office of Indian Affairs. Red Cloud Agency -- History
- Register of A statement of affairs at Red Cloud Agency
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 October 4
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.