- Holmes, Blair (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
11 cartons (11.00 linear ft.)
17 boxes (8.50 linear ft.)
Biographical / Historical
Blair Ralph Holmes was born June 29, 1942 in Victor, Idaho, to Harold Harper Holmes and Audrey Muriel Berger Holmes. A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he served a mission in Austria between approximately 1961 and 1962. On August 26, 1965 he married Margie Green in the Idaho Falls Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Following graduation from Brigham Young University in 1966, he studied Eastern European history at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado. Holmes completed his PhD in 1972.
He was employed at Brigham Young University as a history professor from 1971 until 2008. He and his wife, Margie, are the parents of six children: Brian, Steven, Christopher, Karin, Robert, and Richard.
Other Finding Aids
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, Curator; 2010.
Processed; Pete Hoyt, student processor; 2014.
Processed; Susana Zubeldia, student processor; 2016.
Processed; Jace Packer, student manuscript processor; 2017.
Processed; Grace Bithell, student manuscript processor; 2019.
Processed; Meghan Hoesch, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2020.
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty -- History
- Brigham Young University. Department of History
- College teachers -- Utah -- Biography
- Colleges and Universities
- Education, Secondary -- Utah -- Provo
- Historians -- Utah -- Biography
- Holmes, Blair
- Home and Family
- Mormon families -- Utah
- Mormons -- Utah -- Biography
- Personal papers
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of Blair Holmes papers
- John M. Murphy
- Description rules
- Language of description
- 2010 May: Three cartons of additional journals added to the collection, finding aid revised to reflect changes by Elizabeth Ballif, May 2010.
- 2010 June 14: 1 carton of additional journals added to collection and finding aid revised to reflect changes by Elizabeth Ballif, June 2010.
- 2012 April: 1 box of journals and family papers added to the collection and finding aid revised to reflect changes by Elizabeth Ballif, April 2012.
- 2013 October 29: 2 cartons of journals, correspondence, and family papers added to the collection and finding aid revised to reflect changes by Pete Hoyt, October 29, 2013.
- 2015 February: Materials added and finding aid updated by Catie Freedman, February 2015.
- 2016 October: 1 box of additional journals was added to the collection and finding aid revised to reflect the changes by Susana Zubeldia, October 2016.
- 2017 August: 1 box of 3 additional volumes of correspondence from Blair Holmes added and finding aid updated by Jace Packer, August 2017.
- 2019 June: 3 boxes of journals and professional papers from Blair Holmes added and finding aid updated by Grace Bithell, June 2019.