Mormon Church in Hawaii
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of correspondence, reports, histories, petitions, resolutions, and miscellaneous items relating to the Mormon Church in Hawaii. Most of the materials are associated with missionary work, and most date from the nineteenth century. A few items are in the Hawaiian language. One letter was written by the Mormon prophet, Brigham Young (1801-1877), and several letters are addressed to Daniel H. Wells, the Mormon apostle.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English and Hawaiian.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mormon Church in Hawaii must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 folder (0.09 linear ft.) : 38 items
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Hawaii--History
- Church officers -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Correspondence
- Hawaii -- History
- Histories (Literary works)
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Hawaii
- Mormons -- Hawaii -- History
- Wells, Daniel H. (Daniel Hanmer), 1814-1891
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 -- Correspondence
- Register of Mormon Church in Hawaii
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 September 16
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States