The handcart companies of 1856 and Arza Erastus Hinkley
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 1770
Scope and Contents
Softbound typescript of an account of the rescue of the Martin Handcart Company, taken from journals and oral family histories.
- Paul, Earl Stanley, 1889-1988 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from The handcart companies of 1856 and Arza Erastus Hinkley must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
General contractor, and member of the Mormon Church, who served in missionary and leadership positions.
1 item (53 leaves)(0.07 linear ft.)
Donated by Earl S. Paul in 1980.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Earl S. Paul; 1980.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Edward Martin Emigrating Company
- Handcarts -- West (U.S.) -- History
- Hanks, Ephraim K., -1896
- Hinkley, Arza Erastus
- Immigration and American Expansion
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company
- Mormon handcart companies
- Mormons -- West (U.S.) -- History
- Winter Quarters (Neb.)
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877
- Register of The handcart companies of 1856 and Arza Erastus Hinkley
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 September 1
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.