Thomas Ambrose Poulter autobiography
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a typed autobiography. Poulter's experiences in the British Royal Navy around the world, and as a pioneer in the western United States, are described in great detail.
- Poulter, Thomas Ambrose, 1817-1892 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Thomas Ambrose Poulter autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
British convert to the Mormon Church who served in the Royal Navy before emigrating to Utah.
1 folder (0.08 linear ft.)
Donated in 1974.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Carson City (Nev.) -- History -- Sources
- China -- History -- Daoguang, 1820-1850 -- Sources
- Great Britain. Royal Navy -- History
- Home and Family
- Mormons -- Great Britain -- History
- Mormons -- Nevada -- Carson City -- History -- Sources
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of Thomas Ambrose Poulter autobiography
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 August 25
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.