History of the life of Stephen Markham
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 1297
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a typed history of Stephen Markham by Julina Markham Crow. The item gives an account of Stephen Markham's personal life as well as his involvement in the early history of Mormonism. This includes his close association with the Mormon Prophets, Joseph Smith (1805-1844) and Brigham Young (1801-1877), his participation with the initial Mormon pioneer company of 1847, and his involvement in the settlement of Utah.
- Crow, Julina Markham (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from History of the life of Stephen Markham must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Descendant of the Mormon pioneer and leader, Stephen Markham.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Illinois. Militia. Nauvoo Legion
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Markham, Stephen, 1800-1878
- Mormon Church -- Missouri -- History
- Mormon Church -- Ohio -- History
- Mormon Church -- Utah -- History
- Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail -- History
- Mormon pioneers
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History -- 19th century
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877
- Register of History of the life of Stephen Markham
- In Progress
- Patsy Shin Hernandez
- 2010 August 6
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.