Pickett family papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS SC 1241
Scope and Contents
Letters, poems, legal certificates, and biographies of the Pickett family. The bulk of the collection relates to David W. Rogers (1787-1881), his daughter Susannah (1813-1905), and her first spouse Beneito Sangiovanni.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Pickett family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon pioneer family.
18 items (44 leaves)(0.07 linear ft.)
The Pickett Family Papers came to the university in 1976. Two letters from Heber C. Kimball (Vault MSS 697 and 699), one letter from Brigham Young (Vault MSS 698), and one letter rom Wilford Woodruff (Vault MSS 696) have been separated from the collection.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Two letters from Heber C. Kimball (Vault MSS 697 and 699), one letter from Brigham Young (Vault MSS 698), and one letter rom Wilford Woodruff (Vault MSS 696) have been separated from the collection.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Keate, Susanna Mehetable Rogers Sangiovanni Pickett, 1813-1905
- Mormon Church -- Great Britain -- History
- Mormon converts
- Mormon women -- Biography -- Sources
- Pickett family
- Rogers, David W. (David White), 1787-1881
- Sangiovanni, Beneito, 1781-
- Register of Pickett family papers
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 August 5
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.