Collection consists of letters to and from Aylesworth. They request biographical information from important literary and political figures in America roughly at the turn of the century. Also included are the replies to these petitions. The responses often contain some biographical information and lists of works published by the authors. It is likely that Aylewsorth's request were attempts to collect autographs of prominent individuals.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Barton Orville Aylesworth correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
30 items (0.1 linear ft.)
Aylesworth was a professor at Drake University and a collector of autographs.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- American literature -- Bio-bibliography
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Authors, American -- Autographs
- Authors, American -- Bio-bibliography
- Autographs -- United States
- Material Types
- Politicians -- United States -- Autograph
- Politicians -- United States -- Bio-bibliography
- Register of Barton Orville Aylesworth correspondence
- Morgan Crockett
- 2010 July 22
- Description rules
- Language of description