File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 850
Scope and Contents
This is a holograph diary covering from 1 July 1881 to 15 April 1884. During this time, the author worked as a surveyor for the Utah Central Railroad in Spanish Fork Canyon and vicinity. The first 17 pages of the document are in pencil and the remainder are in ink. The hand is often difficult to decypher, especially since many of the entries are partly in shorthand (Pitman).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The author was an unidentified railroad surveyor for the Utah Central Railroad and a member of the 12th Ward of the Mormon Church in Salt Lake City.
1 v. (54 p.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Genealogical Society
- Material Types
- Mormons -- Utah -- History
- Railroads -- Design and construction
- Railroads -- Surveying -- Utah -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Spanish Fork Canyon (Utah) -- History -- Sources
- Surveyors -- Utah -- Diaries
- Register of Diary
- In Progress
- Morgan Crockett
- 2010 July 21
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.