Mormon difficulties at Tuba City in the Hopi country, Arizona
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of typescript. Correspondence and related documents exchanged between various Indian agents and other government officials relating to problems between the Mormons and the Navajo Indians concerning water rights along the Little Colorado River in northeastern Arizona.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mormon difficulties at Tuba City in the Hopi country, Arizona must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
28 items (70 leaves)
Language of Materials
Originally collected by George S. Tanner; formerly cataloged as Mss 600.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Department of Church History.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Existence and Location of Originals
Mat'l specified: Originals in the Southwest Museum, Los Angeles, California.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Arizona--History
- Indians of North America
- Indians of North America -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Arizona -- History
- Latter Day Saints
- Latter Day Saints -- Arizona -- History
- McLaughlin, James, 1842-1923 -- Correspondence
- Morrison, Robert E. -- Correspondence
- Navajo Indians -- Arizona -- History -- Sources
- Rogers, Edwin E. -- Correspondence
- Shoemaker, Samuel E. -- Correspondence
- Water and Water Rights
- Water rights -- Arizona
- Williams, Constant -- Correspondence
- Register of Mormon difficulties at Tuba City in the Hopi country, Arizona
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 July 20
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.