Andrew Amundsen journal
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 786
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of typescript. Author describes the trip from the Lehi, Utah, area in company with his fellow missionaries to Moencopi, Arizona, where the group farmed, lived among the Indians, learned their language, and taught them about the Mormon Church. Amundsen also records his impressions of the Indians as a people and gives a day-by-day account of the Mormons' relations with them, as well as providing descriptions of various sites the group explored for potential settlement by Mormon colonists.
- Amundsen, Andrew, 1849-1927 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materialsa are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Andrew Amundsen journal must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon missionary to the Indians in Arizona.
Collection maintained in original condition.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Amundsen, Andrew, 1849-1927
- Arizona -- Description and travel
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Arizona--History
- Hamblin, Jacob, 1819-1886
- Indians of North America
- Lee, John D. (John Doyle), 1812-1877
- Material Types
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History
- Navajo Indians -- Missions -- History
- Paiute Indians
- Utah -- Description and travel
- Register of Andrew Amundsen journal
- In Progress
- Morgan Crockett
- 2010 July 20
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.