Autobiography and biography of Thomas Jarvis Yates
Item — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 6831
Scope and Contents note
A photocopy of an autobiography and biography of Thomas Jarvis Yates and his descendants, compiled by Nancy Burrows Wright, 1987. Copies at the beginning are of an autograph book belonging to Thomas Jarvis Yates, and photocopied pictures and other documents appear throughout the autobiography and biography manuscript.
- Wright, Nancy Burrows (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use note
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Autobiography and biography of Thomas Jarvis Yates must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Nancy Burrows Wright compiled an autobiography and biography about her grandfather, Thomas Jarvis Yates, in the late 1980's.
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
A photocopy of a family history and autograph book of Thomas Jarvis Yates and his descendants, 1987.
Custodial History note
Original copies in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Historical Library. Donated by Thomas Jarvis Yate's son, Huish, in 1989.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Donated; Huish Yates; 1989.
Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
Processing Information note
Processed; Karen Glenn; 29 April 2009.
- Autograph albums
- Church Educational System (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Department of Seminaries and Institutes of Religion -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Home and Family
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States -- History
- Scipio (Utah) -- History
- Social Life and Customs
- Yates, Thomas Jarvis, 1870-1958
- Register of Autobiography and biography of Thomas Jarvis Yates
- Karen Glenn, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.