Robert Spurrier Ellison papers
Scope and Contents
Microfilmed copies of handwritten and typescripts of interview notes, correspondence, general notes, and lists. The materials relate primarily to the Indian wars of North America from 1866 to 1895. The original materials reside in the Ellison--Camp collection at the Denver Public Library. The items were initialy created and collected by Walter Mason Camp with some materials generated by Robert Ellison. Also included are typescripts of some of the items.
- Ellison, Robert Spurrier (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Some copyright restrictions apply.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Robert Spurrier Ellison papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Ellison (1875-1947) was a prominent Colorado lawyer, businessman, politician, historian, and author.
1 microfilm reel (0.15 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid available in repository.
Other Finding Aids
Item-level inventory avalible online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSSSC568.xml
Donated by the Dever Public Library, Western History Division, in 1974.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Dever Public Library, Western History Division, 1974.
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Adobe Walls, Battle of, Tex., 1874
- Bridger, Jim, 1804-1881
- Camp, Walter Mason, 1867-1925
- Cheyenne Indians -- History
- Crazy Horse, approximately 1842-1877
- Custer, George A. (George Armstrong), 1839-1876
- Dakota Indians -- History
- Fort Fetterman (Wyo.) -- History
- Historians -- Correspondence
- Histories (Literary works)
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1866-1895
- Little Bighorn, Battle of the, Mont., 1876
- Material Types
- Nez Percé Indians -- History
- Pawnee Indians -- History
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Territorial Government
- Washita Campaign, 1868-1869
- Register of Robert Spurrier Ellison papers
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 July 12
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.