Joseph Holbrook papers
Scope and Contents
Holograph journal which contains genealogical data, patriarchal blessings of relatives, details of Mormon difficulties in Missouri, temporary pioneer settlements, crossing the plains and life in Utah, 1848-1871. Also includes receipts, certificates of religious, political and military offices, rules for the Utah constitutional convention, a divorce certificate and memos.
- Holbrook, Joseph, 1806-1885 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Holbrook papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Member of Zion's Camp, Mormon missionary, pioneer, Utah legislative representative and probate judge.
Purchased from W.P. Holbrook, 1977.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; W.P. Holbrook; 1977.
19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Existence and Location of Copies
Photocopy. s.l. : s.n.*, 197-?* 257 p.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missouri--History
- Constitutional conventions -- Utah
- Frontier and pioneer life
- Holbrook family
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- East (U.S.)
- Latter Day Saint pioneers
- Overland Journeys to the Western United States
- Winter Quarters (Neb.)
- Zion's Camp (Expedition) (1834)
- Register of Joseph Holbrook papers
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 July 6
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.