Letter, Salt Lake City, Utah, to Bishop John M. Whitaker, Sugarhouse, Utah
Scope and Contents
TLS which relates the remarks of Brigham Young, George Q. Cannon and Lorenzo Snow in reference to blacks and the priesthood. Also includes shorthand notes on the last page by John M. Whitaker.
- Gibbs, George F. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letter, Salt Lake City, Utah, to Bishop John M. Whitaker, Sugarhouse, Utah must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Secretary to the Latter-day Saint Church First Presidency.
1 item (4 p.)(0.05 linear ft.)
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Donated in 1974.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Cannon, George Q. (George Quayle), 1827-1901
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Material Types
- Priesthood -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Race -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Whitaker, John Mills, 1863-1960
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877
- Register of Letter, Salt Lake City, Utah, to Bishop John M. Whitaker, Sugarhouse, Utah
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 July 1
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States