Asa S. Calkins diary
Scope and Contents
Holograph diary which contains blessings given to Calkins in 1850, experiences as a worker in the Mission home and as Mission President, letters received from Brigham Young and family, and letters sent to Brigham Young and family. A short biography is included with the diary.
- Calkin, Asa Starkweath, 1809-1873 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Asa S. Calkins diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Latter-day Saint Church British Mission President, 1857-1860.
1 item (238 p.)(0.1 linear ft.)
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Donated in 1974.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Great Britain
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Great Britain--History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- History -- 19th century
- Mormon missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Great Britain
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877
- Register of Asa S. Calkins diary
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 June 22
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States