Sidney Algernon Coray mission diaries
Scope and Contents note
The Sidney Algernon Coray mission diaries, 1880-1883, includes two diaries from his mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Hawaii.
- Coray, Sidney Algernon, 1855-1943 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use note
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Sidney Algernon Coray mission diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Sidney Algernon Coray (1855-1943) served a mission to Hawaii for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sidney Algernon Coray was born July 9, 1855, in Tooele, Utah to Martha J. Knowlton Coray and Howard Coray. From 1880 – 1883 he served a mission to Hawaii for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Upon his return from his mission, he lived in Provo, Utah. On July 3, 1884, he married Lydia Lerwill Harding in the Salt Lake City Endowment House.
They moved to Mona, Utah, where they lived and where he operated the Coray ranch until 1901 when they moved to Payson, Utah, with their family. He worked as a farmer and contractor. An active member of the LDS Church, he served as a ward clerk in the Second ward. He and his wife were the parents of five children: Sid Coray, Eppie Coray Cloward, Howard Coray, Laban Harding, and Elizabeth Burdick.
Lydia Lerwell Harding Coray died April 17, 1943 in Payson, Utah. Sidney Algernon Coray died May 11, 1943 in Payson, Utah.
2 folders (0.02 linear ft.)
Missionary diaries from the LDS mission of Sidney Algernon Coray while serving in the Hawaiian Islands from 1880 to 1883.
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Hawaii
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Hawaii Honolulu Mission
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Hawaii Mission -- Diaries
- Coray, Sidney Algernon, 1855-1943 -- Diaries
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Hawaii -- Diaries
- Register of Register of Sidney Algernon Coray mission diaries
- John Murphy
- 2008 January
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.