Juan Menchaca painting of Jim Bridger
Scope and Contents
- Menchaca, Juan, 1910-1999 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Juan Menchaca was born March 8, 1910 in Ft. Worth, Texas. He attended the Texas School of Fine Arts in Ft. Worth, then continued his training in Denver, Colorado as a portrait and landscape artist under Robert Graham and Dario Rapport. He also married Felicitas Torres, and they were the parents of five children.
Menchacha painted many portraits of explorers and trappers of the Western United States. He also worked as a museum curator, serving as chief curator at the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center from 1965 to 1977. He died August 21, 1999 in Colorado.
1 oversize box (1.66 linear ft.)
- Register of Juan Menchaca painting of Jim Bridger
- Pete Hoyt
- 2014 April 8
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.