Elizabeth Cannon Porter papers
Scope and Contents
- Porter, Elizabeth Cannon, 1885- (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Elizabeth Rachel Cannon was born September 13, 1885, in Grantsville, Utah, to Angus Munn Cannon and Martha Maria Hughes Cannon. On June 17, 1912, she married Roy Stillman Porter. Roy died in 1919. On February 8, 1941, she married George Aaron McCrimmon. Throughout her life, Elizabeth wrote. She often wrote for literary magazines, but in 1944, her book Cortes the Conqueror: His Romance with Donna Marina, was published. Elizabeth died June 11, 1972.
3 cartons (3 linear ft.)
4 oversize box (3 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Register of the Elizabeth Cannon Porter papers
- Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator.
- 2011 May
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.