L. P. Hartley letters
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 1692
Scope and Contents
Handwritten and signed letters. Most of these letters were to friends and other English writers including Alice Acland, Elizabeth Bowen, and Lord David Cecil. Hartley discusses various aspects of literature, discusses many of his works, and asks about how they may be improved.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
English novelist, short-story writer, and critic.
71 items (294 p.)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Acland, Alice, 1912-
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Authors, English -- Biography
- Authors, English -- Correspondence
- Bowen, Elizabeth, 1899-1973
- Cecil, David, 1902-1986
- Critics -- Great Britain -- Biography -- Sources
- English literature -- History and criticism
- Hartley, L. P. (Leslie Poles), 1895-1972
- Register of L. P. Hartley letters
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 April 21
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.