Twenty reel-to-reel tapes which record folk songs, typescripts of the recorded folk songs in two volumes, four volumes of folk songs, and one volume of Mormon folk tales. The materials relate largely to Mormon folklore and Mormon folk songs.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
4 boxes (2 linear ft.)
Mormon author, professor of English, vice president of Brigham Young University, and director of seminaries and institutes for the Mormon Church.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Thomas E. Cheney; 1798.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Brigham Young Academy -- Students--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Folk songs -- Utah -- History -- Sources
- Folklore -- Utah -- History -- Sources
- Mormons -- Folklore -- History -- Sources
- Mormons -- Songs and music -- History
- Register of Thomas E. Cheney papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 April 19
- Description rules
- Language of description